Jan 1, 2020
Jeannie Ralson used her entrepreneurial spirit and
love of connecting like minded women to form NextTribe, a digital
and real life community for women over 45. NextTribe publishes
informative, inspiring and sometimes irreverent articles on how to
age boldly. Jeannie shows me talk about the importance of
nourishing our friendships and going for the things that make our
heart sing. She also shares what we can expect from NextTribe, why
it’s worth joining, and how to get involved.
What You Will Hear in This
- ● Jeannie got her inspiration to be a badass and
age boldly from her time as a freelance writer, and her
- ● One of the keys to badassery is to not take
things too seriously, and to have a sense of humor about
- ● Jeannie finds that a lot of the women she talks
with at NextTribe view the age of 45+ as a rebirth of sorts, and
find an inner and outer freedom that may have otherwise never
- ● Having good healthy social networks and
friendships are crucial to our health and happiness.
- ● NextTribe hosts events in Austin and San Antonio
for now, but Jeannie sees more locations sprouting up in the
- ● NextTribe welcomes women of all backgrounds, but
they are like minded in the way that they are supportive of one
another and game for life.
- ● Don’t let negative assumptions hold you back.
It’s never too late to change your story to something more
- ● The articles on NextTribe will always be free,
and Jeannie and her team just opened up memberships for discount on
trips, events, and special access to networking groups and
speakers. It also only costs $1 to add a friend.
- ● “If you don’t have a sense of humor as you get
older, there’s no hope for you.” - Jeannie’s mom
- ● “You need to challenge yourself and break out of
the stereotype of what women our age are supposed to be like.”
- ● “I'm going to make it my job to break the mold
and rules at this age.”
- ● “Keep moving and keep laughing.”
- Next Tribe
- World Dance for
- Bonnie’s Blog on the Power of Dancing and Bringing