Sep 8, 2020
Kathy Caprino is a career
and executive coach, speaker, and author of several pieces
including her latest book, The Most Powerful You. She
joins me this week to discuss the complicated relationship women
have with power, the largest power gaps she has identified from her
research, and what women can do to identify and heal them. Kathy
shares practical ways women can move more towards meaningful work
and away from toxic cultures that promote bad behavior. If you want
to add some more badass into your life, let’s dive right in!
What You Will Hear in This Episode:
- Why our childhood teaches us who to be, but that isn’t a
lifelong sentence that means we can’t learn and grow to our highest
- What Kathy learned as a corporate marketing executive who spent
18 years in corporate life, and the toll it took on her health and
outlook of the future.
- How a layoff after 9/11 moved Kathy into a direction she would
have never guessed, as a Marriage and Family Therapist. There, she
deeply resonated with women and her internal fire was lit to
identify why women struggle with certain things when males
- Extensive research over 10 years went into her latest
book, The Most Powerful You, and now Kathy has identified
the most common power gaps she sees in all socioeconomic
- Some of the most powerful gaps include women not recognizing
their special talent and ability, and diminishing it from claiming
it an executive level.
- How we can communicate from strength rather than fear and feel
in our cells that we are good enough.
- How women can build a better case for what they want and
deserve and go after it.
- The truth is that culture and society still support these power
gaps, but real badass women do the work on themselves first and
then help others rise up. When we speak up against discrimination
and mistreatment, we help give others a voice as well.
- “I had this fire lit inside me like a true calling. I
want to understand what is happening with women in the professional
world. Why are women having these challenges while men are not:” -
- “Women don’t even understand how they give their power away.” -
- “We don’t know how to build a case for what we want.” -
Time To Brave Up | TedX Talk
The Most Powerful You
Kathy’s TEDx talk: